Board Nominations Committee
Call for nominations for JFA Inc. Board Nominations Committee
As the next stage of the implementation of the changes recommended by the Governance Review conducted by the Australian Sports Commission, the JFA is calling for nominations to fill the newly formed Board Nominations Committee (BNC).
The BNC will focus on making recommendations to the JFA members in relation to the selection of individuals to stand for election as directors at meetings of members;
The BNC shall also focus on making recommendations to the JFA Board in relation to selection of individuals to be appointed to the Board as Appointed Directors or under a casual vacancy
The Committee appointed by the Board shall comprise at least three members and consist of at least one independent committee member who has the requisite expertise to make a valuable contribution to the Committee.
The BNC duties and responsibilities in relation to Board composition and succession planning for Directors shall be:
- Establish criteria for the selection of new Directors to serve on the Board.
- Review the Board’s composition to ensure it has the appropriate skills to assist in the achievement of JFA’s vision and goals.
- Research and identify for the Board appropriate candidates for consideration as Directors, as part of succession planning. In identifying candidates for membership on the Board, the Committee may take into account all factors it considers appropriate, which may include strength of character, mature judgment, career specialisation, relevant technical skills, diversity, and the extent to which the candidate would fill a present need on the Board.
- Recommend that the Board fill Appointed Director positions or casual vacancies with candidates identified by this Committee.
- Recommend to the Members that they elect candidates identified by this Committee at Board elections.
- Review and make recommendations to the full Board whether Directors should stand for re-election and consider matters relating to the retirement of Directors, including enforcing term limits.
- Conduct all necessary and appropriate inquiries into the backgrounds and qualifications of possible candidates.
- Consider questions of independence and possible conflicts of interest of Directors.
- Review and make recommendations, as the Committee deems appropriate, regarding the composition and size of the Board in order to ensure the Board has the requisite expertise and its membership consists of persons with sufficiently diverse and independent backgrounds.
- Oversee the performance evaluation process of the Board (including the Chairman and Directors).
If you would like to be considered for the BNC provide your expression of interest to email@example.com. Your expression of interest should clearly outline the skills and experience you will bring to the BNC, as well as why you are interested in joining this committee. If you have a particular interest in chairing the BNC please include this in your expression of interest.
Expressions of interest must be received by Monday 20th July 2015.
Yours in Judo
Judo Federation of Australia Inc.