Finance Risk and Audit Committee (FRAC)
As the next stage of the implementation of the changes recommended by the Governance Review conducted by the Australian Sports Commission, the JFA is calling for nominations to fill the newly formed Finance Risk and Audit Committee (FRAC).
The FRAC will focus on assisting the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities relating to the:
- Preparation and integrity of the JFA’s financial accounts and statements;
- Internal controls, policies and procedures that the JFA uses to identify and manage business risks;
- JFA insurance activities;
- Qualifications, independence, engagement, fees and performance of the JFA’s External Auditor;
- External Auditor’s annual audit of the JFA’s financial statements; and
- JFA’s compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and compliance policies.
The Committee Members shall be “financially literate” as defined by the Board and at least one Member shall have “accounting or related financial expertise” as defined by the Board.
In assisting the Board in fulfilling their responsibilities, the duties of the Committee shall be:
- Assessment of financial information
- Assessment of and liaison with External Auditor
- Business Risks and Internal Controls
If you would like to be considered for the FRAC provide your expression of interest to email@example.com. Your expression of interest should clearly outline the skills and experience you will bring to the FRAC, as well as why you are interested in joining this committee. If you have a particular interest in chairing the FRAC please include this in your expression of interest.
Expressions of interest must be received by Monday 20th July 2015.
Yours in Judo
Judo Federation of Australia Inc.